Welcome to Mountain Midwifery Center!
Welcome to the only birth center in the Front Range - licensed, accredited and freestanding.
Mountain Midwifery Center provides a full range of midwifery services for clients in the Denver Metro Area, the front range, across Colorado and even further locales. Services offered include:
- Well-woman care for women of all ages,
- For birth, the center provides prenatal care, natural birth, water birth in Aqua Doula tubs, nutritional counseling and more,
- Educational services that complement birth, such as classes on childbirth, newborn care and breastfeeding.
If you're wondering, Mountain Midwifery Center truly is the only birth center in the Denver area.
- Licensing - MMC is the only facility licensed as a birth center. All other licensed facilities calling themselves birth centers are licensed as hospitals.
- Accreditation - MMC is the only facility accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers to standards set by the American Association of Birth Centers.
- Freestanding - MMC is the only freestanding, out-of-hospital birth center in the front range.
If you see the words "birth center" at another birth place, please request proof of proper licensing or accreditation, or request they use another name for their facility.
What is a Freestanding Birth Center?
A Birth Center is designed to be a “Maxi-Home” not a “Mini-Hospital.” We strive to allow women to labor and birth in a true home-like environment while providing one-on-one care that helps ensure superior mom and baby outcomes. The Birth Center is not just pretty birth rooms, it is an education-intensive program of care. From your first visit through the birth of your baby and beyond, the Birth Center is designed to facilitate healthy choices for families.
Why Choose Mountain Midwifery Center?
Mountain Midwifery Center believes that pregnancy and birth for most women is a state of health. We trust that your body can grow, birth and breastfeed your baby. The staff provides individualized care and an education plan that includes nutrition, exercise and stress-reduction recommendations. In addition, you have access to an extensive lending library of birth books and videos. You may also browse through our online Resource section and periodically check our Mountain Blog for birth center news and articles regarding pregnancy and natural childbirth.
How do I begin my prenatal care with MMC?
First, please check the FAQ tab and examine the list under "Is it right for me?"
Second, to begin your prenatal care with us, your attendance at an orientation is REQUIRED. ALL prospective maternity clients must attend an orientation prior to making the first appointment. RSVP is not required for the orientation. Come see what Mountain Midwifery Center is all about! At the free orientation, you will tour the center and learn about our approach to natural birth, water birth, and midwifery. You'll have the chance to ask questions and discover if Mountain Midwifery is right for you. We do orientations for maternity clients so that your first visit can be about you, not about how MMC works. Orientations last for one hour and begin promptly at the time listed because coming in later disrupts the flow of it. We may, schedule permitting, provide personal tours for mothers transferring to us after 24 weeks gestation. If you are earlier in pregnancy, we ask that you please come to an orientation. We are always adding more dates, if you don't see one that works for you please check back often. Again, no RSVP is required to attend the orientation, feel free to just show up at the start time to the Education space in Suite 500, also known as Blossom Wellness Center (The Midwife’s Garden).
- Friday December 6, 4:30 pm *** CANCELLED. Cold weather complications ***
- Wednesday December 11, 5:30 pm
- Saturday December 21, 2:00 pm
- Thursday December 26, 5:30 pm
- Saturday January 4, 7:00 pm
- Wednesday January 8, 5:30 pm
- Tuesday January 14, 6:00 pm
- Friday January 24, 6:00 pm
Please check through December for more January orientation dates.
Thirdly, at the orientation, you will be given a registration packet. If MMC is right for you and your family, you can turn in the registration form at the end of orientation, or if you prefer you can take it with you and return it to us via fax 303-788-0602 or e-mail it to us at Questions@mountainmidwifery.com. We will contact you to set up your first appointment, based on availability. Call Blossom Family Health with any questions 303-954-9399.
A Video about Mountain Midwifery:
Cody's Story - Thank you to Crowned Photography
http://crownedphotography.com/blog/ and Cody's Family!