Welcome to Mountain Midwifery Center!
Welcome to the most experienced birth center in the Front Range – licensed, freestanding and midwife-run. Mountain Midwifery Center provides a full range of midwifery services for clients in the Denver Metro Area, the front range, and across Colorado.
What makes Mountain Midwifery Center (MMC) unique?
- State of the Art Facility – MMC’s facility was designed and built to be a birth center. Our sound proofing, birth tub design, water heating capacity and electrical generator for power outages are all designed from years of birth center experience. You may not see these differences, but they are there for your family.
- Colorado-owned – MMC is a locally-owned and independent freestanding facility.
- Midwife-run – We are not hospital owned, nor are we a corporate cookie-cutter chain. Our midwives can practice full-scope midwifery. Many midwifery practices are MD-supervised and limited in their ability to create the customized birth plan a family needs.
- Water birth – MMC has performed more water births than any facility in Colorado. Many local practices claim to do water birth, but in truth only allow moms to labor in water, not deliver. And some only allow their tubs to be used on “slow days” or with certain staff. The understanding of water birth, when it is appropriate and when it’s not, doesn’t happen automatically when a facility puts in a tub. It takes research, training and leadership.
- Licensing – MMC is the oldest licensed birth center in Colorado. Licensing is important because some hospitals call themselves birth centers without any commitment to evidence-based, low intervention labor management.
Mountain Midwifery Center welcomes all family types.
Services offered include:
- Prenatal care, natural birth, water birth, nutritional counseling and more
- Wellness exams and care for women of all ages – teens, moms and beyond
- Educational services such as classes on childbirth, newborn care and breastfeeding
- Birth control and other GYN services
- Family Building insemination service in a home-like setting (aka IUI)
To see what our facility looks like and our team in action, please visit our gallery or look below for an Orientation date that lets you visit in-person.
A video about Mountain Midwifery: The Birth of Brynn
Thank you to Monet Nicole and Brynn’s Family!
How do I begin?
For Wellness Care (gyn) and other services, call 303-788-0600 to schedule an appointment.
For Pregnancy Care:
First, please check the FAQ and examine the list under “Is it right for me?”
Second, come see what Mountain Midwifery Center is all about! Attend an orientation. All first-time prospective pregnancy clients are asked to attend an orientation prior to making the first appointment. At the FREE orientation, you will tour the center and learn about our approach to natural birth, water birth, and midwifery. You’ll have the chance to ask questions and discover if Mountain Midwifery Center is right for you. We do orientations for maternity clients so that your first visit can be about you, not about how MMC works.
Click on the dates below to tell us you will be attending. We do not share your information, and you will not be added to a mailing list. Orientations last for one hour and begin promptly in The Frontier Room.
All Orientations are at 3535 S Lafayette St, Suite 100, Englewood CO 80113 Map (our suite is best accessed from the west side of the building, parking is available in the lower rear parking lot, please use the double doors that face west to enter the building)
What our patients have to say about us: