Welcome to Mountain Midwifery Center!
Welcome to the most experienced birth center in the Front Range – licensed, accredited and freestanding. Mountain Midwifery Center provides a full range of midwifery services for clients in the Denver Metro Area, the front range, and across Colorado.
Services offered include:
- Prenatal care, natural birth, water birth, nutritional counseling and more
- Well-woman care for women of all ages
- Educational services such as classes on childbirth, newborn care and breastfeeding
- Birth control and other GYN services
- Family Building insemination service in a home-like setting
We are not a hospital. Some hospital maternity centers like to call themselves birth centers, but we are unique. What makes us different?
- Licensing – MMC is the oldest facility licensed as a birth center. Some other licensed facilities calling themselves birth centers are licensed as hospitals.
- Accreditation – MMC is the first facility in the state accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers to standards set by the American Association of Birth Centers.
- Freestanding – MMC is the most experienced freestanding, out-of-hospital birth center in the front range. MMC’s midwives practice independently, without the constant supervision of MDs.
- Colorado-owned – MMC is locally-owned and independent. It is not a subsidiary or a cookie-cutter franchise.
Mountain Midwifery Center welcomes all family types.
To see what our facility looks like and our team in action, please visit our gallery.
A video about Mountain Midwifery: Lincoln’s Story
Thank you to Jennifer Mason Photography and Lincoln’s Family! This video was taken in our new facility (in August 2015).
How do I begin?
For Well-Woman Care (gyn) and other services, call 303-788-0600 to schedule an appointment.
For Maternity Care:
First, please check the FAQ and examine the list under “Is it right for me?”
Second, come see what Mountain Midwifery Center is all about! Attend an orientation. All first-time prospective maternity clients are asked to attend an orientation prior to making the first appointment. At the FREE orientation, you will tour the center and learn about our approach to natural birth, water birth, and midwifery. You’ll have the chance to ask questions and discover if Mountain Midwifery Center is right for you. We do orientations for maternity clients so that your first visit can be about you, not about how MMC works.
Click on the dates below to tell us you will be attending. We do not share your information, and you will not be added to a mailing list. Orientations last for one hour and begin promptly in The Frontier Room.
All Orientations are at our NEW LOCATION!
3535 S Lafayette St, Englewood CO 80113